Sunday, January 16, 2011

Buddy Operator Continued.

Your commute just becomes more fun when you have a friend behind the controls operating a train or bus, or at least a friend conducting the train movements. For me it is fun. You learn a lot from the transportation employees that you "hang out" with.

Last year I made over 30 friends working in the NYC Subway, and 20 people who operate buses in New York City. I feel like it's more than just to commute but in order to learn about the city and life around it, conversing with these workers would simply be the best option. Greeting your bus operator, train operator or conductor every time you board their train or bus with a simple hello would be a good way to start. That is how I started making friends with the workers. I don't get to do this all the time though because the bus/train operators may be busy helping with the other customers/commuters, or what ever you call them, movers.

The MTA of New York employees over 33,000 workers in New York City. Of course I can't be friends with all of them. That's a lot of employees. I don't expect my buddy operators to know all of them either, they can be anywhere in the five boroughs of New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment