This service change will take effect on June 28,2010, barring any miracles from the MTA board.
Here's some alternatives.
- Take the (B) along the Brighton Line to/from Manhattan, The (B) runs parallel to the X29 morning route, except Lower Manhattan. For Lower Manhattan stops between West 4th Street, and Battery Park, you must transfer to the (R) at DeKalb Avenue.
- Take the (Q) along the Brighton Line to/from Manhattan. The (Q) runs parallel to the X29 afternoon route except Lower Manhattan. For Lower Manhattan stops between Canal Street and Battery Park, you must transfer to the (R) at either DeKalb Avenue or Canal street to any stop between those two stations.
- Take the (F) along the Culver Line to/from Manhattan. The (F) doesn't run to Lower Manhattan, you should transfer to the (A)(C) between West 4 Street in Manhattan or Jay Street Boro-Hall in Brooklyn.
- Take the B68 bus to/from Beverley Road from along the X29 route, (if you are between Neptune Avenue and Beverley Road). Transfer to the BM3 or BM4 Bus to Manhattan.
- X29 customers between Coney Island and West 5th Street: Take the B36 bus to Avenue X and Nostrand Avenue for the BM3 bus to Manhattan.
- BM3 and BM4 bus are under MTA Bus Company (former Command Bus) Please note that the BM3 and BM4 buses do not stop along Broadway and 6th Avenues in Manhattan between Park Row and 23rd street. You should use the M6 bus between these areas.
- X29, and B36 are based out of Ulmer Park Depot in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.
- B4 and B68 are based out of Jackie Gleason Depot in Sunset Park in Brooklyn.
- BM3 and BM4 are based out of Spring Creek Depot in Brooklyn, (MTA Bus)