The companies were:
- Green Bus Lines
- Triboro Coach
- Queens Surface Corporation
- Command Bus Lines
- Liberty Lines Express
- Jamaica Buses
- New York Bus Service
- Green Bus Lines' routes are based out of Far Rockaway and JFK Depots in Queens.
- Triboro Coach Corporation's routes are based out of LaGuardia Depot in Queens.
- Queens Surface Corporation's routes are based out of College Point Depot in Queens.
- Command Bus' routes are based in Spring Creek Depot, in Brooklyn.
- Liberty Lines' routes are now in Yonkers Depot, in the Bronx.
- Jamaica Buses' routes are now in Baisley Park Depot, in Queens.
- New York Bus Service' routes are now in Eastchester, Depot in the Bronx.
So far bus operators are earning a bit less than that of New York City Transit's operators due to their contracts being based out of the former bus companies. A new contract is in the works for the MTA Bus Company operators to be paid about the same level as New York City Transit, but for now, this is the way it is, MTA Bus operators earning less for almost the same exact role as that of New York City Transit.