Here's more info taken from cablevision.com/abc
- ABC is threatening to pull the plug on WABC-7 unless Cablevision and its customers agree to pay millions of dollars in new fees. Cablevision has asked ABC to continue delivering WABC-7, but instead ABC is holding Cablevision customers hostage by threatening to pull its programming.
- In these difficult and challenging economic times, it is not fair for ABC to force Cablevision and its customers to pay what amounts to a new TV tax for the same programming that is available today for free over the air and on the Internet.
- Cablevision already pays ABC's parent company more than $200 million per year to carry its channels; now ABC wants a 20 percent fee increase for exactly the same programming.
- It is wrong for ABC to demand $40 million in new fees to help pay the salaries and bonuses for top ABC executives.
- Cablevision has tried in good faith to reach a fair agreement with ABC. In fact, top Cablevision executives traveled to ABC offices in California earlier this month, and had lengthy face-to-face meetings this week in Bethpage and New York City. We have made numerous proposals, all of which have been rejected.
- Programs you won't be watching include:NBA Basketball, MLB Baseball, Dancing with the Stars, etc.
This isn't fun, really, but what can we do about it?
Send this message:
Now is not the time to demand a $40 million annual rate increase!
Tell ABC not to take their channel off Cablevision and negotiate a deal that is fair for everyone!
That is all.