Select bus service (a form of bus rapid transit) is a bus service that has the characteristics of a bus service that is similar to the subways and the railroads. Here are some interesting characteristics of this bus service
- You must pay before you board the bus, via the fare machine at the bus station.
- You can board via the front and rear doors.
- There will be dedicated bus lanes to speed up the bus service.
- Buses will receive special priority with traffic signals.
- Free transfers can be made (only if you board the front of the bus and request a transfer from the bus operator)
- You must board at the stop within one hour.
- All receipts obtained from the machine must be displayed to fare inspectors, or face a $100 fine.
Two other routes, the M15 in Manhattan and the B44 will get this service later this year.
For more information go here.
Thanks for reading, and enjoy your ride with New York City Transit and MTA Bus Company.