Greek art, philosophy and computers will take over my life for the next four months. In this case I won't be blogging as much, but I would like to share a few tips on studying!
1. Read and reread the material you are responsible for.
2. All arithmetic must be practiced everyday.
3. Taking good notes is essential.
4. If you are a slow reader, take it slow, don't rush.
5. Cramming is no good, especially if you have to memorize formulas.
6. If a tutor exists for your class, go to him or her, it really helps a lot.
7. Balancing extracurricular activities and academics is hard, especially if you are a student-athlete. Time management is key. If you can't do, just focus on your studies.
8. Keep pace with your classes, if you fall behind, get help fast!
9. No cutting class.
10. Study for exams at least two weeks in advance so you have time to absorb all information.
11. Papers are fun and so is research, but remember, do your own work and give credit where credit is due; if you don't that's plagiarism!
12. Hands on work in classes require extra attention, know your work beforehand and objectives.
13. Group work requires that everyone be on the same page. Anyone wandering off and that's big trouble!
14. Avoid all distractions such as television.
15. Have confidence.